Our Community in Focus: Exploring Drug Use, Stigma & How to Promote Healing in Miami County.
The purpose of this study is to (1) engage a community of residents of Miami County to understand perceptions of the opioid epidemic and it's impact on the local community, families and individuals.
(2) Identification of health and social consequences of substance misuse disorder, specifically injection drug use. And ways to prevent and reduce individual, family and community harms associated with substance misuse.
(3) Engage and partner with community members to explore ways to prevent and reduce related harms and stigma associated with substance misuse through the collective identification of local resources to develop education, increased awareness and how promote recovery to increase the overall health and well being of Miami County.
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
- Conditions: 1. Current or past opioid users 2. Healthy volunteers.
Age: Between 18 Years - 100 Years
Gender: Male or Female
1. 18 years of age
2. Resident of Miami County Indiana
3. Willing to have their photograph taken and displayed at the culmination event.
1. Under 18 years of age
2. Unwillingness to be photographed and/or displayed at the community event.
Connect with a study center near you
You have contacted , on
Your message has been sent to the study team at ,
What happens next?
- You can expect the study team to contact you via email or phone in the next few days.
- Sign up as volunteer to help accelerate the development of new treatments and to get notified about similar trials.
You are contacting